Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Is there one piece of advice that can save my marriage from divorce?

Answers (7)

SunFlower said on
What are the issues that pushed your marriage to the stage where divorce is the only option? If you are searching for one piece of advice it shall be marriage counseling. At least give it a try.
SUTTON32 said on
When you’re on the brink of divorce, it can be helpful to sit back and take stock of your relationship. While it’s normal to want to save your relationship, that may not always be the best approach to problem solving. Consider instead what the best outcome may be for everyone involved, including any children you have together. What will bring peace and create a lasting opportunity for you to be healthy? Most people find there are two main paths to pursue: the first is to divorce and watch the marriage troubles dissolve along with the union; the other is to get counseling for help solving problems.
HotSpring said on
When it is about one piece of advice I would say don't take your partner for granted but I also agree that professional help is what you need most, so don't hesitate and call a marriage counselor for an appointment. Remember to be honest with your therapist and provide all the information needed.
lifewanderer said on
Yes I would agree with HotSpring. The best piece of advice is to seek a professional counsellor's help. As we are often caught up in the middle of marriage problems, it can be difficult to see what are the shortcomings in our approaches and solutions to the issue. We might also fail to see any dysfunctionalities that occur. Having an objective professional opinion can help that and provide suitable resolutions.
yosemitefaerie said on
There's one thing that I've heard a lot from people especially my older relatives, and that is to never go to bed angry. It's important to work things out with your spouse on the day itself before your sleep together. If you're not able to solve the issue before bedtime, then do what is called a 'pause' (thinking of a popular TV show anyone?) on the issue, and continue sleeping together like loving team mates.
summerBreeze said on
You recieved really good advices, dear. Ask your intuition which one is the best for you. Often the answers are inside us but when we are under pressure we cannot reach them. So calm down, take a moment of privacy, relax and ask yourself "what shall I do now". I'm sure you shall recognize ti by the excitement you feel about it :)
joyFULLspirit said on
You could recieve here a piece of useful advice if you share some details about your marriage and what pushed it to the edge of divorce.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer