Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How does marriage counseling help christians who are trying to rekindle their marriage?

Answers (4)

LoveCoach said on
There are many forms of marriage counseling, and it really depends on the type you are seeking.  I have a group program Relationship Rescue-911 For Love that is geared toward rekindling the romance (I even have a FB group called Rekindle the Romance) through re-building the foundation of a passionate, intimate, joyful, loving relationship.  When you have that foundation of honesty, open, non-intrusive communication, and trust, the intimacy and passion are just a natural result!  The program deals with needs, archetypes, passion patterns, master skills, disciplines, vulnerability, and a gamet of other helpful and useful tools, all with an underlying Christian faith and structure!  I have seen the destruction a failed marriage can cause, and it is my mission, my passion in life to help people have amazing, joyful, intimate, passionate relationships that last a lifetime!  If you are interested in more information, I would LOVE to share it with you, and you wouldnt have to wait very long--the program is starting up again in just a few days, so the timing is perfect!
PEREZ54 said on
Marriage counseling can help remind Christians about God’s love, and encourage the couple to express agape love with one another daily. There are many exercises a marriage counselor can assign a couple that can help them to improve their emotional bond and make life run more smoothly. God wants your marriage to be a source of joy as well as challenges, and a marriage counselor can help you reconnect with that joy in each other and in God. Just as going to church once a week can help you rebuild and rejuvenate your relationship with God, seeing a marriage counselor on a regular basis can help your marriage.
lifewanderer said on
Sure, marriage counselling can help anyone, including non-Christians. However, it would be beneficial to go through a Christian counsellor who has the same opinions about marriage according to the bible. But I personally feel that it's would be a good idea to get a counsellor who doesn't just reiterate concepts from the bible and tells you to follow them. A great counsellor will also apply medically proven counselling methods and also listen intently to both spouses’ opinions.
yosemitefaerie said on
I guess it helps to remind them of the roles and expectations as laid out by God, according to their genders. Christian counselling could also help couples understand that there's a bigger purpose for their roles with each other. There might be a chance for a stronger spiritual connection, which is very important for Christian marriages.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer