Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

"Can a marriage counselor help us with our intimacy issues?"

Answers (8)

PEREZ54 said on
Intimacy is a core aspect of marriage, so most marriage counselors will be able to offer some degree of help in this area. It might be wise, however, to seek a marriage counselor who specializes in intimacy issues, as there may be additional help they can offer above and beyond what a typical marriage and family therapist can provide. Intimacy issues also may originate with other mental health issues or medical conditions, so be sure not to ignore any signs that there may be an underlying problem. Be as open and honest with your counselor as you can, so they can give you the best advice.
SoulMate said on
Yes, a marriage counselor can help you with intimacy issues as main reasons tor causing them are trust issues and disconnection in the relationship. An experienced counselor can help you find the roots of the issues and fix them. Also can recommend a sex therapist if needed.
tomalter said on
It is very common that a couple suffers from intimacy issues, or to be more precise they are not satisfied with their sex life. For this you should consult a counselor who helps you understand your relationship and develops a sense of trust. Marriage counselors will surely help you out. It is very necessary to look for a right counselor/therapist who can help you build intimacy in your relationship. 
lifewanderer said on
Definitely, marriage counsellors are trained to handle all aspects of a relationship, including that of intimacy. However, if your itimacy issues stem from a medical issue such as infertility or problems with the actual acts of copulation, it could be more useful to head down to a fertility doctor instead as they can help to find out the root causes of your medical problems.
HotSpring said on
A marriage counselor can help you deal with any aspect of family life including intimacy. An open conversation between you and your partner can help defining the roots of your intimacy issues. I hope it is nothing serious.
yosemitefaerie said on
I think they should be able too! They are trained to handle and help resolve issues in all aspects of marriage after all, and intimacy is definitely a very huge component. I know it can seem daunting to pour out the information on the most private aspects of your life to someone who might be a complete stranger, but I think that's the beauty of it. You're sharing with a stranger, who you probably will not see anymore after the sessions. So spill the beans, but make sure you're honest about it or you won't be helping yourself at all!
summerBreeze said on
A marriage counselor could be of help with intimacy issues, I confirm. To allow the help needed it is very important to be honest with your therapist and to trust him/her. Maybe you or your partner won't feel comfortable sharing intimate details of your sex life in front of a third person but, believe me, there is nothing to worry about. Your therapist is a reliable and well educated professional.  Just relax, provide him/her the information needed and let him/her do his/hers job :)
joyFULLspirit said on
Yes, it is a good idea to consult with a marriage counselor about intimacy issues. Before you do this discuss with your partner a female or a male therapist could make you feel comfortaple to share about intimacy.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer