Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

I am going through the trauma of marriage breakdown. Please suggest some helpful advice to move on.

Answers (7)

DAVIS54 said on
Trauma is the right word for it. Remember that during this time, you’ll need to take extra special care of yourself both physically and emotionally. Be sure you’re getting enough rest, and schedule some play time for yourself as well. Go for a walk when you feel the tension getting to you, and eat a healthy diet. Both will help you cope with the stress. A break-up is the perfect time to establish some new norms of self-care, so consider joining a gym or taking a yoga class. The exercise can help take your mind off of things and make it easier for your body to handle the additional stress.
SoulMate said on
Dear YOUNG54, you need to know that no matter what had happened in your ex marriage you are a great person, love and respect worthy. Spend time to heal your soul and rebuild your self esteem before starting a new relationship, please. A professional therapist could guide you trough your healing process and good friends and loving family could help you step on your feet quicker.
lifewanderer said on
During this trauma, it is important for you to make time for yourself to heal and reflect so that you can thorough get the bad emotions out of your system. Sure you can go out and do what you like, however, do not engage in anything destructive. It helps to go away to a place that is far from these stresses for a while. At least that's what I did during my divorce.
yosemitefaerie said on
If you live in a modern city area, there just might be a support group or counsellor who specializes in guiding and assisting people who are going through a marriage breakdown. Contact them and they'll definitely help you! If my marriage were to breakdown, I'd think that I would want to go away on a holiday to calm my heart and mind, as lifewanderer suggested.
FreshDate said on
Do sport. It can be helpful for you in many ways - releave te stress, make you fit, meet you with new people. And, remember, no new relationships before you step on your feet again or the story shall repeat, just a different actor in the main male role.. not a good offer, believe me!
angelwings said on
You are not alone in this, dear :) You have your loving family and good friends to support you. There are also selfhelp groups you may contact and professional pherapists to help you live trough this painful phase of your life. Other good news - there is plenty of fish into the sea, just heal yourself and make sure the right people understand you are available :)
joyFULLspirit said on
You need to find peace, dear. Maybe yoga and meditation sessions could help you heal your trauma. Nature helps healing also, so spend in it as much time as you can. Take as much time as you need to recover. It is strictly individual but usualy some months pass before you rebuild your self esteem and heal all issues connected with marriage breakdown.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer