Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Need help in my marriage. My husband is insensitive and constantly argues with me.

Answers (3)

NORRIS03 said on
Some conflict in marriage is normal and to be expected, but if you feel your husband is ignoring your feelings, that will lead to ongoing problems.  Understanding the source of the conflict will be key to solving these issues before they get out of control.  Is there an underlying power struggle going on every day between you?  He may be insecure and acting out of a need to dominate.  On the other hand, insensitivity is common for a lot of men because they’re not usually raised to be sensitive to the needs of others.  Impressing upon him the importance of the problem may help him focus on increasing his sensitivity.
lifewanderer said on
You could try discussing with your husband and telling him that sometimes his insensitivity might hurt you. It is good to try and understand why he is so insensitive to you as well. Perhaps you have also hurt his feelings unknowingly, causing him to be very upset and act in this way.
yosemitefaerie said on
My husband used to be verrrrrrry insensitive to me. And I mean very. He would say thinks that made me cry or made me feel bad about myself. Of course I always rebutted him, and even made small threats. But one day, I just sat him down and talked to him about how I didn't like the way he was treating me. I laid down some ground rules for him, and told him that if he doesn't adhere to them, I will leave him without a thought. There rules were not unreasonable. It just made him become nice to me. Likewise I promised him I will treat him like he treats me. Now we're both not so stressed. :D
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer