Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

I'm not interested in any counseling. But my wife insists on it before thinking about divorce. What should I do?

Answers (5)

NORRIS03 said on
Many people avoid counseling because they see it as a sign of weakness or that it means something is “wrong” with them.  That’s not the case at all, but the stigma attached to couples counseling can be hard to ignore.  Couples who are considering divorce often do well in counseling because the stakes of failing are high.  Marriage counseling is designed to give the couple relationship-building tools that can help them work through their conflicts and get back on the road to a happy relationship.  If there’s even a small chance that counseling could help, why not give it a try?
HotDate said on
I think you sould try counseling as your wife insists. It may help heal your marriage, give it a chance. If it's not working, at least you have fulfilled her wish and now you can talk about divorce. it's a win-win situation for you :)
HotSpring said on
Always listen to your woman, especially when it is about her merely last wish as "your woman". It can save you lots of troubles in court later. Always please your woman - that's what a wise man does.
angelwings said on
I agree here you should go to marriage counseling with your wife. If there is any chance to refresh your marriage - use it! If that's the last thing you can go for your future ex wife - do it!
morninjoy said on
I also agree spending some of your quality time on marriage counseling could only bring you benefits. It could rekindle your marriage or give you the right to file for divorce without any accusations. If you can keep a good partnership with your wife after divorce - do it! By respecting and obeying her will for counseling it will be much easier.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer