Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

When should a Christian couple seek marriage counselling?

Answers (3)

SHAW54 said on
If you have tried solving your problems on your own, you’ve tried praying and talking it out, you may be ready to try marriage counseling as a path to success.  You can do this by seeking a mediated conversation with a pastor or clergy member, or go to a licensed therapist for couples counseling.  Either way, you should be prepared to share honestly about your concerns and listen to your spouse with an open heart and mind.  Invite God to guide your decisions and then listen when the small, quiet voice speaks within you, moving you to make a change.
lifewanderer said on
If you have access to it, Christian couples should seek counselling even before they get into the marriage. This gives them the chance to prepare themselves for their marriages and also dispel any unrealistic expectations they may have. Having pre-marital counselling can also help couples build the necessary skills to help build a strong and healthy relationship and even how to communicate effectively with each other.
yosemitefaerie said on
In my church, my husband and I were encouraged to go for pre-marital counselling immediately after we were engaged. The counselling session lasted a few months (mainly because it was once a week) and it really did give us a good understanding of what a Christian marriage should be. I won't say that it will guarantee a happy marriage, but we have a better understanding of our roles for sure.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer