Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Need some tips to save my marriage. My husband is still in touch with his ex. What can I do?

Answers (3)

SHAW54 said on
Many people go on to have successful relationships without breaking off contact with an ex-lover or former spouse.  Consider all the couples who have kids and therefore must maintain contact.  The problem is not the current association with an ex, but that relationship could be problematic to your marriage if your husband is keeping his ex “on the back burner,” so to speak.  If your husband (or his ex) is simply waiting out your marriage in hopes that they can rekindlen their romance, then he must address his fear of failing in marriage.  If that’s not the case, then you should focus on why you’re feeling jealous.
lifewanderer said on
If you haven't, tell your husband that you are uncomfortable with him still talking to his ex. If he loves and understands your point of view, he should stop communicating with his ex. However, if he is very good friends with the ex and the situation does not allow for him to entirely cut off the communication, then let him know what are the boundaries for his interactions with his ex. Understand that the boundaries you set for will also apply to you.
yosemitefaerie said on
If it were my husband, I would tell him to stop cut all connections to her immediately. I am the jealous and fearless type usually, and cannot stand it if he talks to his past lovers. It's not that I don't trust him, I just don't trust those exes. I don't talk to my ex at all, and I don't see the need to. If I do see him on the streets, I might say hi and ask what he was doing, but I wouldn't exchange contact numbers!

Tell your husband what you feel and what you want him to do and I'm sure he will oblige.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer