Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How can I fix my parent's troubled marriage?

Answers (3)

SHAW54 said on
It’s natural to want to help, especially if your parents are having trouble in their marriage.  There are many things you can do to support a healthy relationship, but little you can do to fix other people’s problems when things aren’t going well.  One of the best things people can do to support family members in their marriages, is to not take sides.  Remember that marriage is a partnership and therefore two “sides” are really an illusion that separates people, rather than bringing them together.  If your parents’ marriage is going to survive, they’ll need to remember that they’re on a team and must work together.
lifewanderer said on
The troubles between your parents are solely theirs, and it take both of their efforts to fix their marriage. You might not be able to fix the marriage all by your efforts, but you can help steer your parents towards a positive outlook on the marriage. For example, you can direct them to go for marriage counselling to give them a head start in marriage recovery.
yosemitefaerie said on
Yes, I agree with the others. You might not be able to help thoroughly fix your parents' marriage, sorry to say. However, you can guide them and as lifewanderer says, introduce an expert to them if the situation gets out of hand. If you are a professional mediator though, then by all means help your parents, but be sure not to be biased about it!
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer