Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Tell me some of the smartest marriage tips that can help me in long run?

Answers (3)

SHAW54 said on
A lot of marriages fail because they are based on unrealistic expectations of romance.  Hollywood has not done us any favors there; neither have fairy tales.  Try to separate your concept of an ideal marriage from anything you’ve read, seen in movies or watched on TV.  Marriage is a partnership between two fallible human beings, and will be difficult even for those who are well matched.  Partnership isn’t the same as romance, which is why it can be disappointing for those who have an ideal carved out from popular culture.  The best tip is to treat your marriage like a team, and be on each other’s side through thick and thin.
lifewanderer said on
It's important to always make time with your spouse and reconnect with each other on a daily basis so you can keep up with each other's lives outside of the marriage.

Learn when to give and take. Sometimes it's just not worth it to sweat the small stuff. If you stay mad at all the little things, there will be no end to it. Learn to live with some of your other half's quirks and you can see that life might be somewhat easier.

Most of all, work as a team. This can be done in many ways - either one person can be a leader with another playing a support role, or both can be equal partners working hand in hand.
yosemitefaerie said on
I've personally found that having a positive mindset is very important when you're in a marriage. This posivity can be very infectious, and lead to your other half also feeling positive. Apart from that, I try my best to stand by my husband and show my support for him in both the good times and the bad times. I want him to know that no matter what happens, I will always be there for him. Likewise, he has shown me the same too, which I appreciate.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer