Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How should I save my marriage from falling apart?

Answers (7)

SUMMERS said on
If you feel that your marriage is falling apart, you do have some options.  The first thing to do is talk to your spouse about your concerns.  Do you both agree that the marriage is on the rocks?  If so, are you both willing to work on it?  Remember that both parties have to want the relationship to work, and must be willing to take on the effort required to save it.  Typically, this will mean getting some sort of counseling so the two of you can work through your issues together in a safe environment.
SunFlower said on
If you feel that your marriage is falling apart, search for quality professional help and do it quick. First thing to do is ask for recommendations about marriage counseling in your community or check online and make an appointment. SUMMERS is right, both partners are needed to fix a marriage and professional therapist my guide your reconnection and healing process.
lifewanderer said on
Sometimes when you're in the middle of it all, it can be overwhelming. Although it's cliched, I'd like to say that everything has a solution. As the other commentors mentioned, professional help can sometimes give objective opinions on the progress of the marriage, and help teach new methods of coping with stress and conflicts together. A professional can also sometimes remind both of you of each other's good qualities. It will help if both yourself and your spouse are open to the idea.
yosemitefaerie said on
Marriages don't usually fall apart overnight, instead they slowly deteoriate due to neglect towards the marriage. If you would like to save your marriage, know that it likewise won't take an overnight miracle to solve everything. Instead, careful changes and dedication to fixing the marriage is required to ensure that it is strong.
HotSpring said on
People here gave you really good advices, dear PORTER :) In addition I could suggest you try to reconnect with your husband by showing respect to his personal space. I mean that men need to be left alone to reconnect with their being, to center in their core and after that they come back to us more loving and willing to be part of our lives. Be patient and have faith. Maybe you just misread the signs.
angelwings said on
What is wrong with your marriage? Do you feel connected with your huspand? When was the last time you kissed him? When was the last time you made love? When was the last time you laught on his joke? When was the last time you cooked together? When was the last time you watched a movie laying in his lap? I think you got the point :)
Margoz said on
Please, tell us more about what makes you think your marriage is falling appart. Maybe you feel alienation between you and your husband and it could be due to busy scedule and many issues to worry about, men usually don't share like we women do and it's a bit hard to understand what exactly is wrong with them - is it the car again or his team didn't score tonight :)) I suggest you calm down and give him some space :)
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer