Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Are signle people more happy than married couples?

Answers (5)

DiegoM said on
A study carried out in Canada says that married couples felt supported against stress from work pressure as well as enjoying help with looking after children or aging parents. It helps if the couples   saw their partner as their 'best friend'. There's a lot of stress in middle age. Having someone to talk to about it and having support in difficult times can help explain why it's easier for people with a partner. But there are people who are ``single at heart´´ and for them it is better to be alone.
manofhouse said on
Depends on the person. Some people enjoy having someone beside them to share the joys in life and provide support through the troubles as DiegoM mentioned. Being married does come with obligations and duties, but for the happily married, they understand this and feel that they get more benefits than risks. People who enjoy singlehood usually do because of the individual freedom they have in making decisions. They are also able to focus more on their individual goals, but that is not to say that married people cannot work towards their individual goals as well.
angelicarose said on
When I was single, I always felt sad and unloved. I hated being single even though I had been one all my life before I met my husband. Granted, I had a little more freedom and choice in what I wanted to do and I didn't have to report my actions and decisions to anyone, but I would not trade what I have now with the world. I have companionship, a best friend, a capable husband and most of all, free hugs all day everyday. I think being married rocks!
CERVANTES said on
Happiness is one of those things that’s hard to measure because it’s so subjective.  It also is a feeling that can be elusive whether you’re in a relationship or not.  It might be better to strive for contentedness than happiness, because it’s easier to sustain over a long period.  When we talk about contentedness, it’s important to realize that this quality doesn’t come from the outside.  Sure, life’s situations may cause us to feel happy or sad from day to day, but if we are happy with our lives and the choices we’ve made, we’ll feel a deep contentedness that is far more gratifying.
LANE64 said on
There are certainly happy single people and also happy married people, so it is not usually accurate to generalize. Happiness depends to a large extent on the person themselves. If you are looking to another person to make you happy, then you are setting yourself up to be disappointed and hurt. If you work on your own wellbeing and fulfillment, then you will be a happier person who is able to give something of value freely to others without demanding in return. If both partners go into a marriage with this attitude, to give rather than to receive, then it can be a very happy relationship.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer