Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

I can't take this harsh truth that my husband cheated on me. How to overcome this feeling and start afresh?

Answers (3)

Tigger said on
The devastaion of finding out that your spouse has cheated on you is tremendous. It rocks the foundation of f your world and makes you distrust all that has happened in your marriage. if he is repentant, marriage counselling can help you to rebuild your reltionship. It is possible, but learning to trust him again will take a long time.
TRUJILLO said on
When you’ve been hurt by infidelity, the pain can be overwhelming.  Our minds try to help by attempting to make sense of what’s happened.  That’s how we typically process emotional pain, but in this case the brain often comes up with incorrect cause-and-effect connections.  It is important to remember these things: You are not to blame for his behavior.  No matter what he says (and no matter what you tell yourself) he did not cheat because of who you are, anything you did, or anything you didn’t do.  He cheated because of his own problems, needs or compulsions.
CABRERA said on
It is very understandable and normal that you are feeling cheated, hurt and betrayed. Be very gentle with yourself and give yourself the time that you need to get over this horrible shock in your life. If your husband is repentant for what he has done, then he needs to be willing to go for counseling together with you and get professional help to mend your marriage. If you are willing to forgive him this is the first step towards healing. However, forgiveness and trust are two separate issues.  He needs to understand that your trust has been broken and in order for you to trust him again he will need to consistently prove himself and earn your trust over a long period of time.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer