Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Why there has been a rise in women filing for a divorce?

Answers (3)

ARMSTRONG said on
This is probably due to the increased empowerment of women and the greater awareness of women’s rights in general. In previous generations women were much less inclined to be outspoken and stand up for themselves, even feeling that they were somehow inferior or second-class, while men were the superior, first-class gender. This view has been steadily changing over recent decades, to the extent that many women now feel empowered to take the initiative to get themselves free from abusive or restrictive marriages. There has been a worldwide awareness campaign regarding abuse and domestic violence, opening up this topic as never before and helping those women suffering in such situations to realize that they are not alone and that there are steps they can take.
MelissaMatters said on
I'm in complete agreement with Armstrong. It’s so much easier now for women to ask for a divorce than it was in the past. I think in the past, her family would have talked her out of it or it would have been very shameful for the whole family, but the world seems to be much more open to the idea now. There isn’t that much of a stigma about a woman asking for a divorce. It’s also due in part to the fact that women are working so much more now, they don’t have to rely on a man for income.
SimplyBeing said on
First of all, I'm not entirely sure if this is true, maybe it just appears that way. I would have to do some research on it, but assuming this is true it would most likely have to do with the ability women have been honing to use their own voices to acquire their own lives. Now more than ever women are dropping the need to live their lives according to the dictates and mandates of others.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer