Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How is the first year of wedding for the newlyweds?

Answers (3)

ARMSTRONG said on
The first year of married life is often described as the most difficult and in some ways this can be true. Usually there are all the wonderful feelings of being in love, of planning the wedding, getting married and then the honeymoon. After that there is the everyday life of learning to live with another person twenty four seven. Marriage is a huge adjustment and a steep learning curve, especially in the first year when you really get to see a different side of each other. Nevertheless, the first year can be seen as the foundation you are building for the rest of your marriage as you learn to adapt and understand each other.
MelissaMatters said on
I absolutely agree with Armstrong! The first year is so exciting and hard! It’s a lot harder I think when you haven’t lived together before. All of a sudden you’re living with this person and you see them all the time and you see everything they do! They’re just physically there so much more, it was really hard for me at first. I sort of wanted my own space, but that’s not really possible.
OldFashioned said on
I think how the first year goes may depend a lot on the circumstances surrounding the marriage to begin with.

I saw a lot of my girlfriends have a very difficult time because they had gotten pregnant while they were just dating the fellow and not for very long. In those days if you got pregnant, you got married and that was that.

I think being young, pregnant, and married is a scary combination when you don't know the person very well.

Many of them stayed together for years, but some did get divorced.

Ideally, you will want to go into a marriage with less stress than they did to give yourselves a fighting chance.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer