Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

I am about to get married soon. Can you tell me some wedding advice for newlyweds?

Answers (3)

msatki said on
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, Jensen! It’s very important to treat each other with respect at all times. Even in times of stress it should never get so overwhelming that you resort to blaming the other person or being mean just for spite. Try to remember that you are unique individuals with a different way of looking at the world and a different way of seeking out solutions. There isn’t necessarily a “right” way to do something. So, respect and compromise are very important.
MelissaMatters said on
Be patient with each other. Understand that you are both used to being individuals and now must start thinking of yourselves as part of a team. This is always hard to do.

There is a steep learning curve the first year, I think. Especially if you have never lived together before.

I think it's important to get to know each other again. This sounds weird because you obviously know each other, but I mean as Husband and Wife. Believe it or not, you will change a little bit from the girlfriend you were before and he will change from the boyfriend he was before rather quickly. I think this is natural. Everyone is adjusting to their new role. Get to know each other as these "new people."
SIMSRT said on
As newlyweds, you’ll be smart to prepare for the future.  Newlyweds are in a state of bliss; things are fresh and new, and there are no issues or problems at hand. When this time wears off, however, the reailty of married life will set in, and you will settle down and start to become the people you’ll be in this relationship for years to come.  Rather than just letting it happen to you, remind yourselves of what’s most important in dialogue with your partner.  Agree to be accountable to one another, agree to let one another know the moment one of you is taken for granted.  Agree to always talk out problems, no matter how small.   Cover your bases as to have a dialogue in terms of expectations and family roles, for example, who will cook dinners every night? Who is responsible for supporting us financially – is it one or both of us?   And deal now with any differences of opinion.  Discuss how will you handle conflict down the road.  Dealing with these issues before they arise is the single smartest thing you can do now – it will provide insurance for your happiness down the road.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer