Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

What is marriage coaching?

Answers (2)

LoveCoach said on
Well, I am a Relationship Expert and what I do in my Consulting and Coaching is bring the couple together to help them build a strong foundation of trust, intimacy, and love so that they can overcome any obstacle that comes along and be stronger in their marital bond for having gone through it.  There are a number of different types of programs ranging from monthly calls for maintenance all the way up to  a weekend intensive that, over the course of 50 hours, we work on every single aspect of life, not just the romantic aspect so that you can be better equipped to deal with life issues as they come up.  Are you looking to get started with a consultant?
SIMSRT said on
Marriage coaching is different from marriage counseling in the following ways;

·        Marriage counselors are seen as having greater knowledge, and providing advice and insight; whereas coaches are peers; they are on equal ground, and they suggest strategies to help you reach goals.

·        Marriage counselors often view problems that need fixing. Coaches do not find problems to fix.  They merely focus on relationship skills, communication, and achievement.

·        Coaches are informal- they have meetings over coffee, on the phone, or walking in the park.

·        Coaches focus on the future and your goals for happiness.  Counselors are focused on revisiting the past and helping you understand how your issues relate back to childhood, for example. Coaches focus on the future, and overcoming issues that impede functioning.  They do not focus on how the problems arose so much (such as lingering childhood issues) or how you need to “change”.  They just problem solve around the communication and attentiveness that needs to happen to make it work.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer