Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Why are people so against gay marriages?

Answers (4)

LuckyInLove said on
Some people just can't understand the concept of a man loving another man or a woman loving another woman in that way. Generally these people can be considered to be very close minded and judgemntal individuals. Others say that it is wrong in the eyes of their religion and therefor are unable to support it.
ISawitComing said on
Religion is a beautiful thing, but it is also the cause of so many evils. People who are against gay marriage usually use religion as the explanation for their opposition. It is not something I understand. I believe God is a loving, forgiving, and powerful spirit who made gays just the way they are. I cannot question that.
JBobbitt said on
I don't know that "people" are against it.  In my demographic, Portland, OR, people are very much for it.  I feel like that might have a little to do with the fact that Oregon is the least churched state out of the 50.  That said, there are some who hold so strongly to their religious views (myself included) , that marriage outside of a man and woman is wrong.  I feel this way because my God said it was.  However, I do not force my view onto other people.  I vote with my conscience, but have my own "sins" and issues to deal with, so why would I condemn someone else for theirs?  So, in summation, while I do not support gay marriage, I do not make a large issue of it.  
PETTY34 said on
They say that people fear what they don’t understand.  This statement certainly holds true in this situation. And while people are against gay marriages for different reasons, the most common reason is a biblicalone.   People believe that God intended for unions only betweenmen andwomen.  The bible is also used to teach standards of  morality and such, which, not coincidentally, change with culture over time.   As such, many religious people have altered their interpretation of biblical scripture or have adapted their faith to fit with the reality in which we currently live. Generational differences are why so many more older individuals take issue with gay marriage. It is a big pill to swallow for a person that was brought up in a time where homosexuality was considered abhorrent.  Not only do they not understand it, but they are probably afraid of social change, too.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer