Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

What is marriage counseling? How does it work?

Answers (2)

LoveCoach said on
The first question I always ask couples or even one partner when they come to me is what is the issue that is leading you to seek help?  I am a Relationship Expert and in my consulting, I get to the root of any issues through techniques in Strategic Intervention.  Instead of spending weeks or months talking about issues from the past or even current issues, we, in a short 2 hour session, get to the root of the issues, break the patterns, and build new bridges for the couple to enjoy their marital life together including trust, intimacy, passion, and increased love and understanding.  I would love to have a conversation with you about this strategy, if you would like.
SIMSRT said on
The word ‘counsel’ simply means ‘advice’.  A Counselor is a person that gives advice.  Marriage counseling can be formal or informal, professional or casual, but in all circumstances, seeks to enhance interpersonal relations and quality of life, between married couples.  Counselors frequently address family problems, communication breakdowns, differences of opinion, trust issues, and other common themes.   Generally, counseling works by a process of investigation, wherein the goal is to identify the problems present in the relationship, and secondarily, by application of spiritual, meditative, communicative, or cognitive-behavioral techniques, which serve to overcome, reduce or eliminate identified problems and to strengthen marital bonds. Marriage counselors can be used alone by individuals, or, it can be accessed by couples. The broad term “marriage counseling” can be applied by  variety of approaches.  It is very necessary to understand the type of counseling one is seeking, what different providers offer, what credentials and background they have, and to then match that information with what seems most fitting for personal and marital circumstances.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer