Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

What to do when you are unhappy to make yourself happy?

Answers (7)

OldFashioned said on
I have found that physical exercise really affects my moods. I used to think that skipping an exercise here and there wouldn’t make a difference, until I started to notice how much my depression came back when I wasn’t exercising. Even if it’s something like a quick walk, it really brings me back to life and reminds me that I’m healthy and lucky to be alive.
BYRD54 said on
A very important question to ponder, friend. Sometimes, our self-dialogue mutilates the soul. When we are truly dissatisfied by what we see in the mirror, we have a tendency to make unhealthy compromises in our relationships, lifestyle choices, and the like. Perhaps the inadequate self-care and the waning self-esteem is deeply rooted in our family of origin. Working through this emotional baggage, with the support and guidance of a mental health professional, can facilitate long-term healing.
Pepper said on
I can also testify to walking helping with my depression. I never felt like going, but I used to take my dogs who sat and waited for me to go, which was motivation. Making sure I ate healthily was also a mood booster.
Another thing I have learnt is to be happy right now. Life will never be perfect, but there is always something to be grateful for. Sometimes all I can think of is ``I am grateful for a hot shower¨ but it is a start.
SimonSays said on
Whenever I'm feeling down I do something with my two kids. It would seem like this advise doesn't make sense, because often times when we are unhappy we think we want to be left alone, but what I have found out is that when I have my kids around me, I don't want them to see me depressed so I make an extra effort to try to really appreciate that I have them. They make me smile from ear to ear.

If they aren't with me I crank up some good music and sing along.

And at last resort go for a nice long walk with my dog
crystalbella said on
I usually do activities that I enjoy, such as taking a leisurely walk, reading a book, dabbling in some form of art, or just watching a TV show to take my mind off things. If the unhappiness is really bothering me, I talk to someone I trust such as my husband or sibling.
beautifullife said on
Although it's not really a great idea, I eat. As they say, Ben are Jerry are my best friends. Apart from eating, I also indulge in some karaoke to belt it all out. It feels good to sing at the top of your lungs in a melodious way rather than scream and shout into a pillow. Sometimes a hug from a loved one helps too.
Lusy341 said on
Call a dear friend for a coffee in the park, ride a bike, play a favorite song and dance, read a book. Be thankful for what you've got!
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer