MCNEIL5 said on
Conflict is a part of every relationship. If you believe your marriage has been conflict free, you probably have buried the conflict deep within your soul. How to deal with conflict? Begin by acknowledging that it exists. Using “I feel” language, be willing to articulate your concerns to your partner, and be open to their expression of concern, too. Using pen and paper, map out the areas of conflict and see where you and your partner have overlapping concerns. As you develop a plan to address these concerns, also take time to hone the partnership through dating, transparent conversation, and the like.
Tigger said on
Learning to deal with conflict is an essential part of a happy relationship. Learn to listen to what the other person is trying to say. Try to understand their point of view. Try to stay calm when discussing conflict issues. Be ready to forgive and forget. Don't bring up old issues. Try to compromise within reason. Don’t avoid conflict because you are afraid of it.
Post your answer
- What questions to answer before getting married?
- Is it true that after marriage love ends and married couples seek other relationships?
- Why long distnace relationships are so short lived?
- Does break up help in moving ahead in life?
- Love, relationships and even marriages - why are they all so complicated?