Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How is life after divorce for men?

Answers (5)

JoshKim said on
From what I've seen, men either go on a sexual rampage when they get divorced or they get completely depressed.
OldFashioned said on
JoshKim is pretty much right! In my experience, I have seen that divorce is really hard on men. It seems like it’s harder on them than it is on a woman. At least it seems to take them longer to get over it. Men are also really bad at showing how sad, lonely, and angry they feel so their attitude is really difficult.
MCNEIL5 said on
Divorce, in all cases, is a psychological adjustment for the parties. Many say that divorce is akin to the “tearing of flesh,” that is, the loss is painful and pervasive. Men, especially, often deal with the loss of physical custody of children which compounds the pain and grief. It is my belief that the most successful outcomes from men are often obtained when they are a part of a support group. Gathering with a group of like-minded men struggling in the aftermath of divorce is cathartic. Ironically, the financial status of men often improves after the divorce.
SimonSays said on
I'm not sure if I agree with some of the previous posts. I feel it's easier for the man. The majority of men end up having less time with their kids after cusotdy situations have been figured out and this gives them more free time to heal from the divorce.

I was the opposite and had my kids the majority of the time. It was a nice break when they would go with their mom ever other wkend.

Also I feel there's less of a stigmatism of being a divorcée male than female.

And the women out in the dating world are far more aggressive when approaching a divorced man.
christoph345 said on
In my personal opinion, life will be what he makes of it. If he has planned well what he would like to do with his life after the divorce - be it to continue to focus on other aspects of his life or embrace new changes - then it'll be so. I don't think that there should be concern about how a divorced man lives unless he is mentally unstable or in a precarious financial or social situation. On a good note he might have less nagging to deal with.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer