Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Can thinking about divorce during preganacy cause health issues?

Answers (5)

InLoveWithLove said on
Stress is a major factor when it comes to pregnancy. Doctors alwaysbtell women who are expecting that it is best to keep their stress levels very low, if not non existent. Divorce is not an easy thing to think about and may cause you some form of emotional distress. Therefore if thinking about this is stressing you out, then yes it can cause health issues for you and your baby.
JoshKim said on
Yes it can, it can elevate your blood pressure which is bad for both you and the baby.
OldFashioned said on
I don’t think it matters what you’re thinking about exactly, but I think if it causes the person any kind of stress—physical, emotional, or mental, I think this will not be good for the pregnancy. If divorce is something the woman thinks about often it is probably upsetting to her and may have unfortunate consequences for her health.
HANEY5 said on
While every case is different, most individuals endure some level of emotional duress during and after a divorce. The stress of the divorce can create physiological symptoms for the individual including heart palpitations, nausea, vomiting, elevated blood pressure, and sleeping difficulties. Inasmuch as the woman’s body is under stress because of carrying a child, divorce-related stress may deepen stress and the body’s response to stress. Further, the fatigue associated with divorce may exacerbate the sleeping malaise of the pregnant woman.
SimonSays said on
Yes of course, a woman's health can be affected by something like divorce. Divorce is a heavy word. It has weight just thinking about it. It is a stress and stress can cause physical ailments. Stress not only on the mother, but to the baby as well. Insomnia, depression, weight loss, hypertension and bad eating habits can all be attributed to the stress of a possible divorce.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer