Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How to cope with divorce and loneliness?

Answers (2)

HANEY5 said on
Virtually everyone who has endured a divorce wrestles with loneliness. A few good ways to combat loneliness include:

-              Joining an art class, an exercise class, or a class at your local community college.

-              Becoming a volunteer for a cause you believe in can provide you with purpose and the same benefits as taking a class like meeting others, being part of a group, and creating new experiences.

-              Joining a support group

-              Bringing a pet into your home.
Pepper said on
It has not been easy as I am quite introverted by nature. I have had to push myself to attend functions or outings I may not have wanted to go to. I also volunteered at an animal charity shop, which has given me the feeling that I am doing something useful, and has also meant that I have met new, like-minded people. I cleared out my home, getting rid of clutter and things that held too many hurtful memories. And now, after 7 years, I am finally at the stage where I have hung up family photos including ones with my ex-husband in them, and my life is full and better than it has ever been before.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer