Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How can I improve my relationship with communication techniques to avoid conflict?

Answers (4)

TheDetailedDiva said on
In my Conflict Management course we learned this technique where one person said something while the other person just listened. After the first person spoke then the other person just repeated exactly what the other person said. It was supposed to help you really learn how to listen effectively without interrupting or changing the other person’s words.
msatki said on
Well, first the communication lines need to be completely open.  The needs of each person should be voiced and each person needs to be open to listen to the other person's needs.  Also, each person must be able to handle constructive criticism and at the same time should not try to control or drastically change the other person.
CUEVAS said on
The most important thing you can do to enhance communication deficiencies in your relationship is learning how to adopt language that invites “give and take” in conversation. Adopting “I feel” language is an important way couples may express concerns to one another without using demeaning “You” language. An openness to compromise is essential, too. Unilateral demands and decisions will deepen the marital angst. Finding a “neutral” party to mediate between partners can also help enhance communication. A third person can facilitate roleplaying which opens the lines of communication.
itshazyhere said on
The commenters above have given some great techniques there. I'd like to add that it is important to remind of yourself what you love about your spouse on a daily basis, so that you can develop an attitude of thankfulness to your spouse. There had to be a reason why the both of you decided to get married, and perhaps that reason might be buried in the pile of issues spawned from marriage's daily grind. Work hard to find that reason and polish it off. Your spouse should do it too!
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer