Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

What is the recipe for a happy marriage? How can I nourish my relationship?

Answers (2)

Walcott said on
The ingredients for a happy marriage include compassion, openness, passion, union, commitment, nourishment, intimacy, vulnerability, and honesty. Solid and consistent communication, nonjudgmental attitudes, valuing something higher than yourselves, holding a standard beyond yourselves, and unconditional love and regard are also all significant aspects of a successful and content relationship. If you have all of these ingredients in a partnership, then you are on the road to having a terrific marriage that will last. You can nourish your marriage by bringing in any one of these components of the recipe into your daily relationship with one another. Start with an open, vulnerable, and honest heart and seek to truly want to know and draw out your spouse.
Lolita said on
I agree with Walcott. I would like to add that you need to keep talking to each other. Good communication is vital. My husband and I used to lie in bed in the dark and talk for hours. It is quiet; there are no distractions like children work, telephones and emails. And it is easier to say things in the dark that you might not be brave enough to say in the daylight while you are looking at someone.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer