Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Tell me some great 50th anniversary gift items I can gift my parents.

Answers (5)

Stanton said on
The Fiftieth or Golden Anniversary is certainly something worth celebrating in style. You may want to go with the gold theme and give a special item in gold such as a clock perhaps, which you could have engraved with your parents’ names and the date of their marriage. Or you could collect as many photos as you can find from all the years and have a collage frame made or a scrapbook. Maybe you could convert the pictures into a slide show or power point presentation, with captions and background music corresponding to the era of the pictures.
Anny777 said on
A great 50th anniversary gift could be a trip they were always dreaming of but didn't get the chance to make. You can organize it for them together with other family members and make sure their dream is fulfilled or if they can't travel you may go and shoot a video for them :)
TheDetailedDiva said on
Wow. 50 years! That is incredible! I honestly think that at this point in their lives and in their marriage they’ve gotten pretty much all they need, so I would focus on getting or doing something thoughtful. Maybe a photo with all their kids and grandchildren. A dvd with streaming pictures of their lives as a couple. One year I took a handful of old VHS tapes and had them converted to DVD. My parents loved it!
USCMiguel said on
The Diva and I are thinking along the same lines here!

Personally I would make a video presentation for my parents.

I would take the time to interview my parent’s siblings, cousins and friends. Anyone who remembers when my parents started dating and have them recall their earliest memories or an inside story the family would find hilarious. I would couple those videos with a gallery of photographs that changes every few seconds of different moments in their relationship.

For instance I would have their song playing in the background and the pictures change. Those pictures can include when they were each babies, teenagers, to those first few pictures of them beginning to date. I would include pictures of all the big moments in their relationship like their first grandchild or when they bought their first home all the way up to their wedding day and as current as that day’s picture you took that would be the final picture in this great chronological story telling.
LovelyDay said on
All ideas here are good :) If you and your brothers/sisters/cousins remake their favorite pics from your childhood will be a great gift also. Stand on the same places as kind but as you are now :)) Will be fun doing this creative photo session I'm sure! And you may shoot a video with the making of the photos also ;) No greater gift for 50th anniversary than showing them how the seeds they planted with love have grown up :)
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer