Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

I need some help with marriage in communication. Suggestions?

Answers (6)

Stanton said on
Communication in marriage is an ongoing challenge which needs to be pursued with diligence and patience, knowing that it can and will get better as you are committed to learn new skills. One of these skills is mirroring, which means you test whether you are hearing your spouse properly. Once your spouse makes a point, you repeat it by saying something like this, “So what I hear you saying is…” or “Are you saying…?” Then in your own words you say what you understand and then allow your spouse to either affirm or correct what you said. Listening very carefully is also essential, and being willing to say sorry.
Crispy said on
Communication is super important. I was pretty bad at this at first. I used to get my feelings hurt really easily and then not say anything about it so it just stayed inside me. Of course the bad thing was then I would get upset over any little thing that happened afterwards because I was still angry from before.

What I've learned is that I have to tell my husband when something has upset me. He can't read my mind.
MayaPhD said on
Communication is the most important component of any relationship, especially one as important as marriage.  Silence, lack of communication can signify a lack of interest in the relationship and lead to a partner feeling unloved and alone.  Affairs and divorces stem from someone claiming that their spouse "doesn't understand me" which really means that there was little to no effort made to encourage communication. Communication can serve to show how much you value your partner and how much you want to understand him or her.
LindaL said on
Communication is the basic tool to build a healthy relationship and its lack could equal abcence of relationship.. Try with notes and messages on the mobile first and go for an open conversation to discuss with your spouse what was the reason to face broken communication at first place. Next pace is to search for professional help,a good therapist can help you renew your connection.
LovelyDay said on
Find a way to release the prassure and higher your vibe. On a higher conscious level communication could be much easier and pleasant. Yoga classes could be a good start for both of you.
tomalter said on
The more you will communicate with your partner it will be more easier for you to resolve issues. A couple needs to work on their marriage everyday as each day is a new beginning. Talk about how your day went when your spouse returns from office. Take an initiative first to start conversation, do not overthink like 'Why should always I?" Always remember that communication is the key to happiness. 
Words can inspire or even destroy, so choose yours well. 
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer