Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Do books on marriage relate to real life marriage issues? Can you recommend some books to read?

Answers (4)

Amy508 said on
Yes they do. Some bestsellers include:
1. The 5 Love Languages: The secret to love that lasts by Gary D Chapman
2. The Relationship Cure: A 5 step guide to strengthening your marriage, family and frienships by John Gottman
3.  Love and Respect; The love she mosts desires, the respect he desperately needs by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
Rycroft said on
Usually books on marriage will relate to real life issues such as sex and intimacy, dealing with finances, conflict resolution and communication issues. Often marriage books will include helpful case studies or stories about real couples, giving details on their situations and how they have been able to overcome their challenges. Some helpful books on marriage are the following: Loving Solutions by Gary Chapman; Passage to Intimacy : Key Concepts and Skills from the Pairs Program Which Has Helped Thousands of Couples Rekindle Their Love, by Lori H. Gordon and Jon Frandsen; Fighting for Your Marriage: Positive Steps for Preventing Divorce and Preserving a Lasting Love by Howard J. Markman, Scott M. Stanley, Susan L. Blumberg.
RollerCoasterRide said on
I got my first book on marriage when I wasn’t even married! It was given to me as a gift (kinda weird) but I read it anyway. It was full of really good advice on how to talk to your husband or wife about the little every day things. I think the name of it was Enjoy the Journey Along the Marriage Highway.
MayaPhD said on
Books on marriage can relate to real life marriage issues and give insight and support in making marriages thrive and grow.  It helps you feel you're not alone and you can get information and have your questions answered.  I would recommend reading The Five Love Languages. It's a book that helps you identify how you need to feel love and your spouse needs to feel love. Often we show love in the way we need it expressed to us and that doesn't necessarily coincide with the needs of one's spouse. 
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer