Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How can I help a friend who is going through marriage problems?

Answers (5)

Marriage.com said on
The best way you can help a friend is by giving your complete attentive ear. Help him or her to dig deeper inside and figure out what is causing the pain in their marriage. Ask a lot of questions and get him or her to keep talking. If you have a partner yourself perhaps you and him or her can help them to have a conversation together and share what’s in their hearts with each other. The best thing you can do is just be a support, provide the help you can, and maybe suggest a therapist if it seems like it is something they are unable to solve on their own.
InLoveWithLove said on
The best thing you can do is to be there to comfort your friend when she needs a should to lean or cry. I wouldn't suggest giving her advice unless you're a licensed professional because he or she can blame you if the advice you gave, does not work. This could end up putting arift between the two of you. So to be safe, try to avoid doing that.
Charlize said on
Seeing a friend go through heartache is not easy and sometimes you can take that burden into your home. But like InLoveWithLove said, you need to be there for her and support her as much as she needs. You can also give her little tips that have been known to work for you in your relationship, although their relationship may not be similar to yours.
RollerCoasterRide said on
The best thing I can do for my friends is be there for them. It can get tricky when you are better friends with one than the other, but I think you have to try not to take sides. I have to always remember that I’m only hearing one side of the story.
MayaPhD said on
It sounds like we're all on the same page in this thread...

The best way to support your friend is simply to listen.  Sometimes people just want to be heard so provide that support system for your friend.  Don't offer suggestions or advice unless you are specifically asked and even then be careful of offering help.  If your friend is an abusive relationship, provide the information (phone numbers, shelters, etc) that can help her leave her abusive situation. Otherwise, simply listen and be there to offer a hug or a word of encouragement.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer