Amy-Kate said on
Be transparent - be honest about where you are going and what you are doing as it eliminates doubt and creates security. Talk to each other about everything. Tell the truth but in a constructive way. Share chores and responsibilities or it leads to resentment. Treat each other with respect. Treat the other person the way you want to be treated. Learn to laugh at yourself instead of taking life so seriously.
Halbert said on
Some people have this idea in their heads that to be a good communicator you just need to hear what someone says and say “okay” and share what you think. It is truly a lot more that is needed in a relationship for it to be effective. You need patience, understanding, and the ability to put your own thoughts, judgments, and feelings aside to really listen to your partner and give them a chance to share. You also need to be open and honest in conversation. Have real conversations that are full of vulnerability and humility. Let your partner start sharing by you asking relevant questions to get him or her to start talking.
Post your answer
- What questions to answer before getting married?
- Is it true that after marriage love ends and married couples seek other relationships?
- Why long distnace relationships are so short lived?
- Does break up help in moving ahead in life?
- Love, relationships and even marriages - why are they all so complicated?