Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How to seek a reliable family and marriage therapist?

Answers (6)

LoveCoach said on
It really depends on your goals--I work in tandem with many MFT's because sometimes there are urgent issues that need fixed immediately and that is what I specialize in, and other times there are underlying severe issues that require more involvement with other professionals.  I am a Strategic Interventionist and I help couples that are on the verge of divorce or separation who are dealing with issues such as infidelity, death of a child, trust issues, anger and abuse issues, and a plethora of other issues.  The best way to choose what modality will work best for you is simply by having a conversation.  I would be more than happy to talk with you about what your issues are, whether I can help or not, and if I can't or don't feel we are a good match, I have a number of MFT's and other professionals that I can refer you to that will be able to help!  :D  I wish for you a life filled with Gratitude, Abundance, and Passion! <3
DiegoM said on
I would ask friends and family for references. Alternatively, your church, community centre or doctor could also give you the names of some they are familiar with. You could look online if you want more privacy, but you never know how reliable the websites are. But of course if you findthe therapist doesnt help you, you dont have to keep returning either.
Halbert said on
There are many great and reliable family and marriage therapists in just about every larger community. The best way to find one is to ask for a solid recommendation from friends or family members that you trust who have gone to see one in your area. Other ways to find one are to look online at sites such as psychcentral.com or goodtherapy.org and search for one near you. You can also look up therapists on sites of various psychological associations such as the American Counseling Association, American Psychological Association, or Counseling Psychology on the American Board of Professional Psychology site.
LindaL said on
After you choose a therapist with good recommendations by friends and familly members, check his/hers reputation online before making an appointment.
JasenA said on
Contact your local community for recommendations if you don't want your friends and family members to understand that you need a marriage counseling but do check online reputation before making na appointment.
Zachary said on
There are many factors that you must consider when choosing a marriage counselor / therapist. I would ensure that the therapist is qualified, experienced, affordable and understanding (check testimonials or success stories).

Make sure the therapist is someone who can help you find solutions & with whom you feel comfortable. Most importantly, trust your insticts before making any decision.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer