Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

What are catholic vows of marriage?

Answers (7)

stargazer said on
I like that one: "I, [speaker's name], take you, [partner's name], for my lawful [wife/husband], to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, to love and to cherish, until death do us part."
Amy-Kate said on
The vows are preceded by 3 questions. First, the priest asks both bride and groom whether they have come freely and without reservation to give themselves to each other. He also asks if they will honour one another. Then he asks whether they will accept children as a gift of God, and raise them in the knowledge of God. And then they speak the other lovely words which stargazer has written.
Bradon said on
There are a couple of different versions of Catholic wedding vows. The version most people are familiar with goes like this:
"I, [name], take you, [spouse’s name], for my lawful wife/husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part." The other version of Catholic vows is very similar, going like this: "I, [name], take you, [spouse’s name], to be my husband/wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love and honor you all the days of my life."
MaragaretMcgahan said on
According to the catholic belief, the husband and wife will be together and true to each other in all their peril and joy equally. They will be together during bad times, love, hate, sickeness and good health as long as they are living.
MarilouCarasco said on
~~The catholic view is very much a Christian view of marriage. The husband takes his wife through all walks of his life including greatness, humility, and everything inbetween. This continues until death do them apart.
RandallBurtt said on
It all comes down to one thing at the end of the day according to the catholic view of marriage. You are no longer two people but one flesh and this is a unity t hat is instituted by God Himself.
GarfieldRevels said on
God has put together marriage in the Catholic view. No man can seperate it or encourage them from leaving from this bond that God has put forth for them. Marriage is holy and knit together by God so let no man interfere in this holy union.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer