Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How can family counseling help me?

Answers (3)

barnowl said on
It helps me and my family by supporting me with advice during hard times. The therapist will be able to offer tools and methods to each family member to improve their family situation.
jonesfamilyof5 said on
Family counseling can help parents understand the actions of their children or repair strained relationships within the family unit.
Bradon said on
Family counselors have special training in familypsychology, behavioral norms and negative communication patterns.  They know what kinds of personalities will mesh or clash, and they understand how different members of the family might interpret situations differently, based on their personality type, role within the family, or the individual’s own history.  They can help parents understand how their child is feeling, or help a child understand a parent’s motivations, and generally help bridge the gaps in the family that often leave people feeling hurt and isolated.  As long as the family members have a genuine desire in improving relationships, a family counselor can be a very effective solution.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer