Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How can I cure problems in my marriage?

Answers (8)

lindainlove said on
Convince yourself that there is always a way of solving the problems. Once you truly belief that your attitude will change automatically. Instead of resignating you will have the strength to think about possible solutions and put them into action.
lindainlove said on
It´s better to practice a positive attitude. If you believe that your problems can be solved they are more likely to be solved. Try to keep that faith!
lindainlove said on
Couple therapist are professionals that can help you sort out your problems. To talk to a stranger can also help a lot to clear thoughts and feelings. I can only recommend it as it worked for me and my husband.
rejoicenlove4all said on
Overcoming problems in marriage takes work. It is helpful to write the problem down and brainstorm a list of possible solutions.  Doing this with your spouse may be helpful in finding a solution you can both live with.
Ackerley said on
Many times, problems seem bigger when we are in the middle of them. Take a step back and evaluate the facts.  If the problem truly is as big as you think, seeking help from a trusted friend or a therapist may be helpful.
Bertie said on
First, you must realize that no marriage is perfect, and if there were no problems in our relationships we would quickly lose interest. The push and pull of conflict allows us to grow as human beings.  That said, however, major problems in a relationship must be addressed, and smaller issues confronted early to prevent them from piling up.  If your relationship is toxic, that is, problems make you feel like you have no rights or freedoms, seek professional help to resolve this.  Otherwise, treat your marriage like a partnership, and work together on one issue at a time, holding your love and your marital bond as the highest priority.
Bertie said on
Marital problems can make life more stressful, and people have many different coping mechanisms to help them deal with the pressure.  First, take care of yourself.  Whether that means taking time alone to de-stress, practicing yoga or meditation, getting enough sleep, rest, and exercise, or planning something fun to do with friends, be sure you are giving yourself the support you need to handle the marital strain.  Second, do something about it.  Marital problems don’t go away on their own.  Take steps to deal with your marriage problems and actively look for solutions that bring you closer to your spouse.
Bertie said on
Most marriage problems fall into certain categories, and there are ways of overcoming each type.
·        
Trust issues – Focus on what it will take to repair the damage.  Usually these issues take time, and can experience many setbacks along the way
·        
Boundary issues – Let your partner know how scared you feel when they cross a line, and ask them to help you feel safe again.
·        
Power struggles – Don’t compete for power within the marriage.  Instead, work together to strengthen the bonds of love, trust, and respect.
·        
Everyday annoyances – Work to forgive and be tolerant of one another’s quirks.  No one is perfect.  Cut each other some slack.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer