Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Does God want me to stay in an abusive marriage or I am thinking negatively?

Answers (8)

whiterabbit said on
God would never want you to stay in an abusive marriage. God is love and he doesn´t want anybody to suffer or to punish and torture himself by maintaining a painful life.
twocatsonedog22 said on
While God does not like divorce, He also does not want us to stay in bad situations.
Michael said on
God is in the business of reconciliation, but does not ask people to stay in an abusive marriage. If abuse if verbal or physiological and can be helped by counseling, then this is a good option before moving toward divorce. If someone is being emotionally abused they are free to leave the marriage and should leave the marriage as soon as possible.
Adeline said on
God desires that marriage be a picture of Jesus and his sacrifice for the church. Since we are flawed humans, this picture is always flawed. Spouses are free to leave marriages of abuse and infidelity in the eyes of God.
LoveCoach said on
how long have you been in the relationship?  How long has it been abusive?  What exactly does that mean?  Chances are, if things were good in the beginning, that there are some underlying issues that, once dealt with, the relationship can be stronger and better than ever before.  Have you ever broken a bone?  Medical science has proven that the bone is stronger in the place of the break after it heals than it was before the break.  A relationship can be the same way-once the issues are dealt with and a new foundation is built, the passion, trust, intimacy, and love increase!  Check out my article on here called, "When is it time to call it quits?"   I wish for you a life filled with Gratitude, Abundance, and Passion!  <3
CAMPBELL said on
Yes! Thanks LoveCoach....Really enjoyed reading this article
http://www.marriage.com/advice/relationship/when-is-it-time-to-call-it-quits/
LoveCoach said on
Thank you, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! If you are interested in learning more, I have a video that lasts about 45 minutes and has more great information! It also describes a group program that I'm getting ready to start in September. Let me know and I can send you the link.
Sienna34 said on
Divorce, like war, is hell. When children are involved in Before, during, and beyond divorce, support and sound counseling become essential for all involved. Hopefully the church, if engaged by the parties, becomes one of many providers of support and counseling. However, do not assume that the church, churchgoers, and religious leaders will deliver the care and guidance you seek. Communities that espouse inerrancy as a core tenant of their identity are especially prone to promoting a “until death do us part” approach to the marriage union unless narrow grounds for dissolution are met. This may become man emotional death sentence – or worse – for those caught in the spin cycle of abuse and/or addiction. God doesn’t want us to be miserable.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer