Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How should I forgive my spouse in infedility?

Answers (6)

sarahrana said on
Sometimes your barn has to burn to the ground in order to see the moon. By using the pain of your failures as sober motivation, make the necessary changes required to design the relationship of your dreams.
HappyWifeHappyLife said on
Infidelity is tricky because it destroys trust. Many times, people who are unfaithful cheat more than once. If you believe it was a one-time lapse in judgment, try to rebuild this trust through open communication and therapy. If you believe it might be a pattern, it may be wise to leave the situation.
HOWARD said on
Through lots of prayer. You can't do this on your own, only with God's help.
PERRY6 said on
In time. Don't feel bad or expect to immediately be able to wipe the slate clean. Instead, focus on not becoming angry or overwhelmed.
YOUNG5 said on
If you choose to move forward with a marriage after infidelity, the couple should take the time to rebuild the trust and communciation that was lost. By expressing your wants and needs, the relationship can begin to grow again.
Jeremiah said on
Ultimately, forgiveness is for your benefit of the victim and not the partner who engaged in the infidelity. The victim’s willingness to release the anger and resentment that results from marital infidelity will help the victim on the path of restored physical and emotional health. That said, the words “I forgive you” help both parties move beyond the season of duress. If the marriage is to be restored and maintained, the partner committing the infidelity has to be willing to change behavior and remain accountable to the partner who was victimized.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer