Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How do I know if my boyfriend is ready for marriage?

Answers (6)

freezingcoldinsummer said on
There are many indicators that a man is not ready for marriage. If you're dealing with having affairs, unreliability, or unhealthy conflict, that man is not ready to make a lifelong commitment.
Marriage.com said on
The best advice here is to “trust the gut” and ask others who care about you and your partner. If your gut seems to tell you that you tend to mother your partner, you may want to consider his maturity level. Similarly, if your friends indicate that your partner is lacking good judgement, you should pause and consider if moving forward with the relationship is warranted.

However, a boyfriend who is responsible, respectful, communicative, and fully engaged in the relationship may be ready for the marital plunge. Are you? Make sure you have a good handle on your readiness as you parse your partner’s readiness.
Howland said on
If your boyfriend steps up as a man and discusses marriage with you, this may be an indication that he is ready for marraige. If he is flaky or sends you mixed signals, or isn't consistent in how he treats, you - run!
Haig56 said on
If your boyfriend has a good work ethic and is able to commit himself to things, this may be an indication that he is ready for marriage. If he can't get himself together, your marriage isn't going to help him get himself together. Be with someone who encourages you to be better, not someone who drags you down.
Kemp34 said on
FYI to all. Someone fraudulently used my email address to sign up for this forum and the people running the site have not responded to contacts.
Liliana said on
When you meet a person that you admire, respect, and who shares your values, who has the strength of character to honor a commitment as serious as marriage.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer