Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

What are some questions that married couples should ask?

Answers (17)

sparkle said on
Are we happy with how things are going or is there space for improvement? Do we fulfill each other´s needs?
freezingcoldinsummer said on
Asking for help (or if the other person needs help) can make each person in the marriage feel like there is equal contribution.
freezingcoldinsummer said on
What can we do to keep the spark lit? Are we setting enough time aside to spend together without distractions?
Marriage.com said on
Married couples should always express a keen interest in their partner’s health and wellbeing. Asking daily questions that probe a partner’s physical health, work satisfaction, spiritual vigor, and vision for the future are examples of queries that build rapport and communicate genuine interest in the other.

Additionally, questions about the partner’s family of origin and friendships also deepen the marital bond. Questions should always be posed in a manner that invites discussion instead of “yes and no.” If a partner is not in a communicative mood, it is imperative that the inquirer recognize and respect space.
Marriage.com said on
Any effective premarital counseling offering will include a Q and A exchange with partners. Questions to consider if you are in a position to offer counseling include:

1. What should I know about your family of origin?

2. How do you deal with conflict or disappointment?

3. What is your vision for children?

4. Has your immediate family ever wrestled with addiction?

5. Is there a history of divorce or other estrangement in your family of origin?

6. Are there any potential harmful secrets you are withholding from your partner?

7. What type of emotional support do you have beyond your partnership?
WRIGHT said on
One of the most important questions to ask after getting married is how good am I doing as a husband/wife?
said on
ross.confused23
If there are two things that you want me to change in me, what would they be? Once changed, will it make our relationship stronger?
SCOTT34 said on
What are some of the ways in which I can make you feel more special? Is it a romantic date night, a long drive, or a walk in the park? It can also be something entirely different than romance as well. Keep the choices wide.
GREEN4 said on
What are some of the ways in which we can become more intimate that we already are? It does not mean this stage is any lesser but it is a retrospection to make things even more healthier between us.
Allard said on
Rather than simply asking "How was your day?" ask thoughtful and specific questions that lead to deeper conversation. Ask things like, "What made you feel valued today?" and "What made you feel frustrated today?" Think about ways you can open conversation with more specific questions rather than asking broad questions that are overwhelming to answer.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer