Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How do I deal with communication problems in my marriage?

Answers (13)

sparkle said on
Be aware that most of the communication problems are based on misunderstanding. Express yourself clearly and do not expect him to understand you without words.
Marriage.com said on
As awkward as it may sound, role playing is a good method of addressing communication problems in a marriage. Find a trusted friend to “stand-in” for your partner. With the friend in place, practice articulating marital issues,concerns, and opportunities using the “I first” language. Have the stand-in voice issues, opportunities, and concerns as well, and practice receiving this information using responses that begin with, “I hear you saying…”

“I first” approaches reduce the risk of blaming, name calling, and the like. If you or your partner uses belittling and intimidation to communicate, you have bigger problems than a temporary inability to express joy and frustration.
HALL56 said on
Lack of communication is one of the biggest problems in a marriage. Lack of conversation over important problems and conflicts become serious over time. Always be ready to talk about differences and problems. Stop trying to supress it as it only leads to frustration and causes a bigger fight.
YOUNG5 said on
Stop arguing over problems. It does not take the conversation anywhere. Instead, try to ask for solutions with each other. We are talking about measurable and concrete facts that will work to end the confusions.
ALLEN234 said on
When you get into a agreement to workout things by doing things differently, given constant feedback about the efforts made. Even if the other person is doing a good job, giving feedback will help greatlyl. Never hesitate doing this.
SANCHEZ said on
Talk over boundaries if any. If you need your space it is well and good that you ask for it. Never hesitate over these conversations and keep talking over things to get things right. There is no replacement for conversing so keep talking.
Alice1 said on
Write down your feelings so you can clearly articulate and understand them yourself before you approach your spouse to discuss. Try to approach your spouse when you aren't feeling angry or upset in any way. Wait until you cool down, and then approach your spouse with the aim of reconciling, not of winning the argument.
Camilla said on
Rather than nagging your spouse, plan a time together to sit down and talk through your issues. Take a blanket to the park or go on a walk where you have no distractions and time to talk privately.
GIBSON said on
It's important to take responsibility for your own actions rather than placing blame. Using language that owns your own feelings rather than accusing the other person can help soothe communication issues.
JorgeSontag said on
If you do not communicate well, please forget the art of living together. Talk. If you are expressive, it is great. Talk. If you are reserved, it is still ok. Talk more!. Always be ready to talk about something and try not to gulp words ever. This becomes a serious problem after sometime. Talk about differences without supressing it. It is important that you talk even if you hate doing it and even if you think it never works out.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer