Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How can I start to plan a family?

I really want to start a family,,,but my husband says he is not fully ready yet. I don't know when he will be. It's already 4 years since our marriage. How can I start my own family? Any tips?

1 Answer

helpinghand said on
The choice to start a family is a big one.  No matter which role you play in the marriage, this is a rewarding and yet stressful time. Certainly, you should be asking yourselves the right questions –Are we stable enough?  Do we have a solid and reliable income?  What will we do if our car breaks down, or we’re forced to move?  How does having a family fit with, or impact,  future goals? Now that your husband is not fully convinced he can manage all of this, you need to give him time. Having a family is a joint responsibilty; so he needs to be there a 100%. Post that you may think ahead. Here are a few things to bear in mind.

The first thing you’ll want to do is set a budget.  You can even get an app on your smart phone, that helps you to divvy up current income and expenditures.  You should  allot a certain amount of funds to go toward each necessity.  Most importantly, you’ll need to start saving for those unexpected incidents.

Starting a family is not a decision made idly, so give yourselves a good year at least before committing to having a child.   It may sound corny, but some couples even get a dog, or, babysit for friends, to get a taste of what it’s like to be a parent.
When you know you are ready, be sure your goals are set for the financial future, and have plenty of cash stowed away.  When you have determined yourselves to be financially stable, the rest will fall into place.

If you and your husband find yourselves to be on different platforms regarding this matter, then it may be a good idea for you to consult with a marriage counselor and seek advice. It will certainly help you both.

Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer