Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Does marriage counseling work?

I'm seriosuly considering the services of a marriage counselor. Will it help us?

Answers (2)

helpinghand said on
There are many factors that would determine if marriage counseling works. Generally, it is the willingness of the couple that will determine if marriage counseling will work or not.

It is important to find the right counselor who will be right for you and your partner. It would work against if you found a counselor whom you find difficult to confide in.

Most therapist advice that immediately a couple identifies a problem or feels like they are not in the same place they should seek the services of a trained professional to help them work through their issues.

The earlier a problem is dealt with the higher the chances of success. Marriage counseling is a way in which to equip couples with the relevant tools they need to help them resolve issues within their relationship.

It is important to note that before a couple pursues counseling they need to know what they are getting into. Success rates for marriage counseling are pretty high and most couples confess that they got what they needed from counseling.
virginia.wed said on
Thanks Helpinghand, that seems doable. I'm in Atlanta. I will try and consult a counselor soon.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer