Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Just want some perspective...

My husband and I met in college and have been together since. Now we both make a respectable salary and are a family of 4.  When we set up to provide for our kids with life insurance, somehow we ended up taking out more coverage on me .  I verbalized to my husband that if something happened to me, I wanted him to have enough to cover the cost of our home so that he and the kids would have stability and not have to worry about up rooting while they were presumably grieving.  He never reciprocated and we ended up taking less coverage on him.  The more I thought about this, the more it bothered me that he would have no similar concerns for my peace of mind and well being should something happen to him. When I asked, he said he had either not given it much thought or figured that I made more and would be able to support myself and our kids if he preceded me.  I am now fixated on the idea that irrespective of who makes what that he could not care enough to protect me as I was trying to protect him.  Am I in left field on this?

1 Answer

Bursar said on
You have a legitimate concern, but he may not have meant to be dismissive of your thoughts on the matter. He may not like the idea of thinking of death in general, and your or his deaths in particular.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer