Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

Any tips for coping with a sexless marriage?

Any tips for coping with a sexless marriage?

1 Answers

Alice Answered:

Ugh. This is the absolute worst.
Not only is sex fun, but it also helps couples bond. When you love someone, you want to give them all of yourself - including your body. So, it can be incredibly frustrating, ego-killing, and downright heartbreaking when your spouse isn't interested in having sex anymore.
If you are coping with a sexless marriage, here are some proactive tips:
You are not alone. Sexless marriages may not be talked about openly, but they are incredibly common.
Get to the root of the problem. Ask your spouse if they are willing to attend therapy with you. This can help you to identify why you aren't having sex anymore.
Ask your spouse to see a doctor. There could be a physical reason why your sex life has dropped off, like stress, hormonal birth control or a drop in testosterone.
Open the lines of communication. Talk with your spouse, be clear about what you desire from them and ask them how they feel about your sex life. I read a great article about sexless marriage communication here. Read it if you're interested!
Again, I'm so sorry that you're going through this difficult time! I hope these suggestions help you get back on track in your marriage.

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...