Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

What should I do if I am in a loveless marriage?

What should I do if I am in a loveless marriage?

1 Answers

Rosy Andrews Answered:

Hey. Hang in there.
When it comes to a loveless marriage there are only three things you can do. 1. Stay in it and be miserable (and who wants that?!) 2. Take proactive steps to change it 3. Leave If you choose to stay: Being in a loveless marriage doesn't mean you are in a toxic relationship. It does not mean that your spouse is emotionally, verbally, or physically violent or disrespectful. Sometimes, being in a loveless marriage can feel more like you are friends than lovers or partners in life. Having a partner is great, but living without passion, love, desire, and romance isn't exactly a fairytale ending. If you choose to take proactive steps: Regardless of whether or not you get along with your spouse, being in a loveless marriage is often isolating and can feel like you're just going through the motions each day with your partner. Here are some of the things you can do to put some heat into your loveless marriage: Here’s what you can do:

• focus on communication, 
  • make date night a regular priority each week, and if all else fails,
  • seek marriage counseling
When you attend couple's counseling you will learn how to communicate your needs and emotions, evaluate your priorities, and get to the root of what's causing emotional distance in your relationship. When it's time to head for the hills: If you've put your heart and soul into saving your marriage and rekindling the passion you once felt for one another and you're still feeling down and out (or your spouse isn't reciprocating) it may be time to call it quits. Leaving a marriage is never easy, but staying in a loveless one is denying yourself a lifetime of affection. It can also lead to other nasty things like resentment and infidelity. Get out of your situation before it consumes you!

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...