Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

Is exploring an open marriage a wise idea?

Is exploring an open marriage a wise idea?

1 Answers

Alice Answered:

I don’t think so and I have my reasons. An open marriage is defined as a relationship where both partners are free to explore sexual relationships outside of the marriage. The longer a couple stays together, the more routine their sex life tends to become. Many couples look at an open marriage as a way to spice up their relationship, but is this wise? I mean there are a couple of other ways to do it then why complicate things? A study I read about the oxytocin released during sexual intimacy, particularly orgasm, says that oxytocin is largely responsible for forging bonds of trust and bonding between partners. When a spouse is getting a rush of oxytocin from someone other than their spouse, they may start to fall in love with their new partner and abandon the marriage. Similarly, the person outside of the marriage may start to fall in love with their married fling which could lead to emotional turmoil. An open-marriage may sound like a fun and thrilling fantasy until it becomes a reality. Many partners experience consuming jealousy that can negatively affect the marriage.

If you or anyone you know is considering an open marriage, they can try out these amazing ways to spice up their existing relationship instead. I think these tips are kinda amazing: https://www.marriage.com/advice/relationship/how-do-you-spice-up-a-boring-relationship/

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...