Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

How do I foster better communication?

I feel like my husband and I don’t communicate well or even have conversations where I feel listened to, validated, and like my opinions and thoughts are ok. I feel like every time I speak, about any subject at all- fun or serious, he says Im wrong or makes me feel like what I said was stupid. How can we have a conversation that is productive, or even just fun and rewarding because we are hearing each other and enjoying each other’s thoughts and ideas, if he refuses to hear me and refuses to accept anything I say as even valid or intelligent? I can talk with any person, both friends and strangers, and feel respected and listened to, but I can’t talk to the one person that I SHOULD be able to talk to. It feels awful. I get offended and I know I can be sensitive, so I have to check that in myself, but I don’t think he realizes how offensive he is when he acts like I have no idea what I’m saying and I’m wrong anyway, so I should just shut up and listen to HIM talk. After all, anyone would be offended if someone treated them like that every time they tried to have a conversation. I don’t think I’m being sensitive; I think Im feeling disrespected, and also sad because I used to feel like my husband was my friend, and now I don’t wont to even try and have a conversation with him.
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer