Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Should I tell him or not?

I've been off and on with my wife of nearly 20 years for the past few years.  She is controlling, critical, narcissistic and a manipulative.  She blames this all on Perimenopause and says I need to get used to it, because it'll be like that for the next 10 years.  I don't look forward to spending the next 10 years under this stress and don't really look forward to spending my golden years with her as she is now (she was fairly sweet for the first 5+ years).  My son knows she's mean and critical and last night made it clear again.  We're having work done on our house, but own another one in town.  I told him that I was going to stay in the other one last night with his sister since she was there.  He looked nervous and said to not leave him alone with Mom.  He said please stay and we'll watch something together on TV or something.  I asked if she does anything specific that I should know about when I'm not around and he just said she never stops with criticism etc.  He said "you know how Mom is"  I said "yes, I'm married to her" and smiled but I immediately wondered if I shouldn't have said it.  He then laid back into the couch and stared at the ceiling and said "why did you have to marry Mom?"  She then pulled up and we stopped the conversation and said we'll talk later. My question is...should I tell him that I'm considering divorce with her and would like to take him with me.  He definitely likes being with me more as I balance what he needs and what he wants without being needlessly critical.  He's a great 14 y/o kid, kind, perfect grades....she criticizes for him not being sporty, but I love and accept him for everything he is.  Daughter is older and has mentioned Mom's selfishness and will stand up for me when she says mean things to me.

1 Answer

maesaints2 said on
Hello! I really hope and pray good things will come your way really soon with you and your wife. Life is short to be unhappy. I hope this could help http://bit.ly/2kbVLWd
Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login

Post your answer