Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

Is it time for a divorce or should I wait for the kids?

My wife doesn’t want to have sex with me anymore.
She’s only 46.
I’m on a business trip and I’ve emailed her at least four times telling her that I love her and she never responds same way.
Our children are now in their teens, 14 and 15 years old, and I think they are now old enough so the divorce will it not be terrible.
10 years ago my wife had an affair and kicked me out of the house for a few days.
This was the love of her life.
An old boyfriend who she noe swears she wants nothing to do with.
I worked very hard to keep the marriage together for the children.
We did that and we’ve been happy for the last 10 years.
We’re still OK we have a good family unit we don’t argue and I care about her deeply and I want her to be happy.
But frankly I don’t think she loves me so maybe it’s time for her to find another mate and for me to as well.
I’m guessing the children are old enough now so they can take this .
As you might see I’ve pretty much figured out what I want to do but I would like the opinion of others that might be in the same situation or have been in the same situation and what they have done.
Thank you.

1 Answers

Emohleah Answered:

My parents stayed together for us and it was awful. When they got divorced they were not only nicer to eachother but to us as well. It was hard at first seeing my dad with someone new but eventually I just realized I wanted him to be happy and not alone. My parents are still very close friends because they do still love eachother. But I'm the platonic sense of the word. Its a serious decision that only you and your wife can make. But I guarantee that your children would be just fine, if not happier, if you two ultimately decided to divorce.

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...