Username
Username must not be empty
Password
Password must not be empty
Already have an account? Login
Asked by Last Updated:

Marriage Strain

My brother has been with his Wife for 18 years and married for 10 after meeting on a holiday, they are both in their 30s and have a 13 year old daughter and 8 year old son.
My brother confessed to me he has not slept with his wife in two years and he cannot even put his arm around her as she rejects his advances.
Recently his parents looked after their children so they could holiday abroad together but nothing changed and she rejected any of his advances.
He comes home from work and sits in the lounge while his wife stays in her room drinking wine.
she has not worn her wedding rings for two years.
Due to the toxic atmosphere they saw a marriage guidance counsellor who suggested he move out for 6 months and he is about to move into a flat on his own.
My question is is this really a way to try to save there marriage or is it likely to destroy what they may have left?  Many thanks in advance for your views.

1 Answers

bunnyhabit Answered:

has she offered any reason for refusing sex with her husband? average is 2.34 times a week for married couples. does anyone believe she has an AP on the side she is satisfying sexually. typically when a wife refuses sex to SO and doesn't wear ring it lends toward an EMA assumption. perhaps her AP is pushing her to reserve her affection for him only. I don't believe a trail separation will have a positive impact as is signature first stage of divorce. if she has an AP it will allow for intensified infidelity. this relationship is so toxic rekindling of affections seems impossible especially with the fact that lack of communication between husband and wife.

Write Your Answer

Please Wait Saving...